VSY Biotechnology Launched AcrivaUD Trinova Pro C Pupil Adaptive®, the First and Only Trifocal IOL that Combines Patented Enhanced Sinusoidal Vision Technology (SVT®) with Pupil Adaptive Design at ESCRS 2021 in Amsterdam
The first and only trifocal presbyopia-correcting (PC-IOL) intraocular lens with patented enhanced sinusoidal vision technology: the AcrivaUD Trinova Pro C Pupil Adaptive® was launched at ESCRS 2021 in Amsterdam.
The new Trifocal, PC-IOL is launched by Dr. Ike Ahmed, Dr. Hakan Kaymak and Dr. Karsten Klabe during VSY Biotechnology satellite symposium at ESCRS 2021. Dr. Ahmed introduced the brand new concept of “Golden Ratio in Spectacle Independence” during his introduction speech, while Dr. Kaymak and Dr. Klabe shared initial clinical and laboratory results the IOL.
AcrivaUD Trinova Pro C Pupil Adaptive® will be available for European markets by the mid of November. “Golden Ratio experience in “spectacle independence” refers to improving patients’ quality of life by maximizing the quality of vision based on patient needs. The new lens is designed to provide patients with the highest level of visual quality and spectacle independence at all distances and in every possible lighting conditions.
AcrivaUD Trinova Pro C Pupil Adaptive® is the first and only trifocal lens with VSY Biotechnology’s Patented Enhanced Sinusoidal Vision Technology (SVT®) that combines with pupil adaptive design. Enhanced Sinusoidal Vision Technology that mimics a sine wave-like surface profile is designed to obtain the ideal optical performance.
The benefit of the sinusoidal diffraction is that it has naturally three different foci which is why sinusoidal diffraction does not need to have an overlapping pattern and has a lower ring number so it provides minimum dysphotopsia, maximum light transmission, and optimum light distribution to let the patients enjoy seamless, continuous vision from all distances day and night.
AcrivaUD Trinova Pro C Pupil Adaptive® has the highest light transmission to the retina by 93% among all available trifocal IOLs and it is the nearest value to the crystalline lens, thanks to its step-less diffractive zones which improve contrast sensitivity.
It is the only IOL to distribute effective and efficient light energy into the near and intermediate foci while maintaining distance visual acuity due to minimized light loss in the diffraction orders. AcrivaUD Trinova Pro C Pupil Adaptive® is designed for today’s lifestyles; from viewing traffic signs comfortably and clearly while driving at night safety, to using mobile devices and computer screens to reading a book comfortably even in dim light with high-quality distance vision in a range of different light conditions.
- AcrivaUD Trinova Pro C Pupil Adaptive® has been implanted in more than 500 eyes globally. According to results from a clinical trial, patients who had the AcrivaUD Trinova Pro C Pupil Adaptive® lens implanted experienced Golden Ratio vision and lifestyle benefits, including:
- 100% of AcrivaUD Trinova Pro C Pupil Adaptive® patients reported very good or good vision at far, intermediate and near without glasses in every lighting condition, with continuous range of vision i.e: 16/20 vision at a distance, 20/20 intermediate and better than 20/25 for near vision.1,2,3
- The size and intensity of photoic phenomena (glare and halo) were described as not disturbing.1,3
You can watch the full event here:
- Karsten Klabe ‚‘‘Clinical Results of AcrivaUD Trinova Pro C Adaptive®“: The First Trifocal IOL which Combines Enhanced Sinusoidal Vision Technology (SVT®) with Pupil Adaptive Design‘‘ESCRS, Amsterdam 2021
- Hakan Kaymak. “Optical Bench Results and Optical Design of Enhanced Sinusoidal Vision Technology (SVT®).” ESCRS, Amsterdam 2021
- Europe, Multicenteric trials, VSY Biotechnology Data on File (2021)